I’ve been compiling a list of topics that interest me for a while now. Which ones would you like to read about?
- American paintings
- The Hudson River School (Yes, I realize that this is part of American paintings, but it’s really a big enough topic to merit its own category, don’t you think?)
- Medieval art and architecture
- Gargoyles – What do they mean? In college, my medieval art professor told my class that scholars have been trying for years to determine the meaning of gargoyles and thus far no one has been able to come up with a plausible and generally accepted theory. She told us that there was no point in any of us trying. There’s nothing I like more than a good challenge.
- Figure skating and ballroom dance history (aka the origins of my two great loves). I’m also very interested in memorabilia and artistic representations of both disciplines. It you see any, please let me know.
- Several 19th and early 20th-century architectural and decorative arts movements: Gothic Revival, Art Nouveau, Art Deco, Arts & Crafts, and the Aesthetic Movement. Of course, my love of Art Nouveau is somewhat increased by the fact that it was the inspiration for the architecture and costumes in Peter Jackson’s version of Rivendell. 😉